Happy December! As today is the first of the month, it is a reminder that winter break and the holiday season are just around the corner. From holiday parties to festive decorations, this is one of the best times of the year. Here are some of my favorite things about the holidays.
1. Spending time with family and friends: Seeing friends and family back home is a perfect opportunity to reconnect. It is a great way to catch up with people you haven’t seen in a while and share stories. It is interesting to think that I grew up with my family and old friends always around me; but now I have new experiences to share about my own college endeavors and my personal growth.
2. Relaxation: After an intense week of finals, winter break is a great opportunity to relax. We all need time to get more rest, more sleep, and catch up on our favorite shows. Self-care is very important to being happy and healthy.
3. Showing appreciation: Gift giving is an easy way to show gratitude to your loved ones. Giving back to those that we care about reminds us how lucky we are to have them around us. It also shows them how much we love and appreciate them.
4. Food: Who could forget food? I always look forward to the huge feasts put together at family gatherings. Plus, there is endless amounts of desserts to indulge in, from cookies and cake to ice cream and chocolate.
5. Fresh start: It is crazy to think that 2017 is almost at its end! So, with a new year comes new beginnings. We can take time to reflect on this past year and create plans or resolutions for the one ahead.