Amidst Week 5 Midterm vibes, your spirit and skin can reflect your fatigue, stress levels, and lack of sleep. When I feel like my skin needs a little more love and attention, I like to make my own at home DIY face masks so that I feel like I can conquer any Midterm with just the glow of my skin!
While I am a fan of store bought masks (hello LUSH anyone?), I also like to make my own masks because you can select the ingredients being used, make as little or as much as you want, and most importantly, you can save money while on that broke college life budget!
So let me cut to the chase already. I'm going to tell you guys what is in this mask and the benefits it can have on your skin. Keep in mind everyone is different and popping in their own way so this may or may not work for you. Make sure to switch it up and do as you see fit for yourself!
You will need:
1. A clean bowl & spoon to stir your mask
2. Indian Healing Clay (I get mine from Amazon!)
3. Turmeric Powder
4. Activated Charcoal Powder
5. Apple Cider Vinegar (It burns a little so if you have sensitive skin like me, use WATER sis!)
What to do:
1. Mix all the ingredients together (Make sure it's not too runny but also not too thick)
2. Apply mask and leave on for about 20-30 mins or until dry (Do not FaceTime your friends during this time because they will make you laugh on purpose and your mask will CRACK!)
3. Wash your face with warm water, tone, and moisturize!
1. Indian Healing Clay: Absorbs waste such as harmful toxins, oil and dirt, deep pore cleansing, stimulates and improves blood circulation. Tightens skin, treat acne, pimples or blackheads, acne scars, blemishes spots and acts as a moisturizer.
2. Turmeric Powder: Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits. Reduces acne, dark marks and dark circles. Helps give you a natural glow!
3. Activated Charcoal: Draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne.
4. ACV: Prevents breakouts and minimize blemishes, reduces inflammation, a detoxifying, deep-pore treatment.
WARNING: You'll leave the house feeling like a new woman because this glow will be popping and everyone will be staring! So strut yourself to that Midterm and get that A!
Good luck on Midterms everyone!
Written by: Tidani Berhe